Our Education Workshop is suited to any and all education providers, ranging from Primary School right up to University. Through the session, you will learn more about Transgender Identity and supporting students, as well as ways in which to talk and teach about Trans history, present, future and more. The workshop is designed to promote conversation and consideration of Trans Identities in Education settings, as well as inspire confidence in educators in understanding and supporting Trans individuals.
Topics that may be covered include:
- Various Gender Identities and Pronouns.
- Factors in formation of Gender Identity.
- The Coming Out process and supporting someone through this.
- Gendered and neutral facilities (e.g. toilets and changing rooms.)
- Legislation around Trans Identity.
- Equality and Diversity.
- Trans inclusive teaching and starting conversations.
- Supporting Trans students.
- Awareness of socioeconomic issues faced by Trans people.
- Tackling Transphobia and bullying.
- Emotional and physical well-being.
Recommended: Minimum 4-6 hours per session.*
If this workshop sounds right for your organisation, please get in touch via our booking form below.
All of our workshops are delivered and developed by us, as an experienced group of Trans individuals; and we work with you to ensure that each session gives you the most it can of our expertise.
*Our recommendation is the length of time we believe to be necessary in order to get the most out of the session.