Our Health Workshop is ideal for anyone working within the health service or in mental and emotional well-being; along with anybody else with a keen interest or advocacy role. In the session we will explore Transgender Specific Healthcare as well as the impact of Transition and Trans Identity on an individual’s mental and physical health; with the balance of each depending on the needs of your organisation.
Topics that may be covered include:
- Various Gender Identities and Pronouns.
- The Coming Out process and the impact of this on mental state.
- Supporting Trans individuals and Transition.
- The impact of Transition on mental health and how with interacts with preexisting psychological conditions.
- Socioeconomic and mental health issues that affect Trans people.
- Medical Transition and specific treatments.
- Risk factors.
- Legislation regarding Trans Identity and Transition.
- How Transition interacts with physical health
- Trans identity and clinical practice.
Recommended: Minimum 4 hours.*
If this workshop sounds right for your organisation, please get in touch via our booking form below.
All of our workshops are delivered and developed by us, as an experienced group of Trans individuals; and we work with you to ensure that each session gives you the most it can of our expertise.
*Our recommendation is the length of time we believe to be necessary in order to get the most out of the session.